5.17.2006

Bathroom Overkill

Ok, this comes from the cesspool of civilization: South County, as in South of 55.

A little background:
In commercial bathrooms there is always these little white boxes on the walls, those contain aerosol cans that contain air freshener. They are time released to spray, maybe once every hour or maybe even half hour. Apparently the idea is they make a commode smell fresh and clean with out it actually having to be either.

Anyways I was in the mall, in the bathroom, in south county. Arguably on an individual basis not any place you would want to be and when you combine them the situation is especially heinous.

The Westfield janitor had gotten hold of these aforementioned aerosol cans and proceeded to BLANKET the ENTIRE bathroom in Orange fresh sent.

I tried to expedite my hand washing but it was to late, I was coughing and wheezing as I struggled for oxygen.

The janitor continued in his air extermination quest spreading orange love to all corners of the bathroom.

When I reached the out side I sucked in deep the oh sweet air. How wonderful it was. I recited a Hail Mary and said thanks that my life was spared.

You may wonder, as I did how the gentlemen with the spray can survived the smell-o-caust.
Well I read on the Internet that Mexicans can hold their breath for over an hour. That is how, the article said, they can all make it across the Rio Grande, entirely under water! But that's just what I read.

And the well meaning gentleman was, yes, Mexican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home